Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Oscars...*sigh...*

     So, as I'm sure you all heard, the Academy Award nominees were chosen for this year's Oscars.  From what I've heard, most people are pretty upset about the choices.  I've gotta say...so am I.  It seems that more and more the Oscars are becoming "the producer's choice awards," and doing nothing but promoting the producers' newest picture.  One thing as well that's always bothered me is that the academy seems to ignore a movie if it does well financially.  It's almost like they consider blockbusters to have less credentials than that of an art house picture.
     A lot of the controversy has come from the Academy's picks for best actor/actress.  Many fans, I've heard, are very upset that Leonardo Dicaprio wasn't even nominated for his villainous role in "Django Unchained."  I saw Django, and I've got to say, Leo's performance was incredible, and nothing like he's ever done.  I fully agree that he should have at least been nominated.
     One cool heads up in the nominations was with Best Actress.  "Beasts of the Southern Wild" star Quvenzhané Wallis has become the youngest actor to be nominated for a Best Actor role in the Oscars. At 9 years old, she's already put her stamp on the film industry.
     With some cool nominations and surprise showings, the Oscars will definitely be interesting.  However, I feel there are some definite snubs.  In my opinion, over the past few years the Academy Awards has become less and less interesting.  Hopefully, they'll realize and start to pick it back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment